CHILD PROTECTION CO-ORDINATOR – Sally Ann Robertson
ALL COACHES ARE FULLY TRAINED IN SAFEGUARDING & CHILD PROTECTION.
ALL COACHES ARE FULLY TRAINED IN DOUBLE GOAL COACHING/POSITIVE COACHING SCOTLAND.
ALL COACHES HOLD FULL, ENHANCED AND CURRENT PVG CERTIFICATES .
ALL COACHES ARE FULLY TRAINED IN DOUBLE GOAL COACHING/POSITIVE COACHING SCOTLAND
Thinking of sending your child to a Gymnastics Club?
12 Questions Parents / Guardians should be asking.
1) Is your club registered with Scottish Gymnastics?
YES – you can use club checker on Scottish Gymnastics website to find us.
2) Are all of the coaches qualified and insured to the appropriate level?
YES – all coaches undergo rigorous coaching training and CPD.
3) Does your club have a child protection policy in place?
YES – a copy is available to view on the wall at The Flipside.
4) Does your club have a Child Protection Co-ordinator in place?
YES – Sally Ann Robertson, her details are on each newsletter and on the noticeboards
5) Has your club obtained the minimum recruitment checks for all those working with children? (i.e. self declaration & Criminal Records Check)
YES – in accordance with all Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics policies.
6) Have all coaches / helpers working with the children and young people attended child protection awareness training?
YES – in accordance with our own, Scottish Gymnastics and British Gymnastics policies.
7) Does your club hold relevant medical information on each child and parent/guardian/emergency contact details
YES – this is a requirement on the registration form
8) Are there procedures in place for reporting any issues or concerns?
YES – this is available on request.
9) Does your club operate a sign in/out register for the children?
10) Are there trained first aiders in place during training sessions?
11) Does your club provide adequate level of insurance for all members
YES All members are required to become members of British Gymastics